From the opportunity to save money, through automating work and improving the efficiency of operations. The advantages of the use of vehicles monitoring system should not be underestimated as every company can gain through it, regardless of the number of cars at their disposal.
Vehicle location and the control of the parameters of their work is nothing new. Monitoring systems based on these features are present on the market for years, but their popularity has considerably increased in recent times. Businesspersons are increasingly recognizing this solution with regard to the provision of benefits that are directly translating into their businesses.
“The thing is not only to control the activities of employees and reduce costs, but it is also about the possibility to improve efficiency resulting from the improved operation of a company – says Dominika Włodarczyk from Gannet Guard Systems, indicating the reasons for which the monitoring system is essential in the business. “It’s about time saving, easier management of mobile assets, automation of work, as well as the practical use of information related to the operation of vehicles, allowing to improve the decision-making chain.
10 reasons why you should use the monitoring of vehicles.
- Money saving – thanks to the ability to control fuel consumption, travelled routes and time spent on the road, a fleet manager is able to reduce abuses and thefts.
- Time saving – with modules installed in cars, a fleet manager has all the information on the vehicles in one place. Using a web service or application, they receive reminders about ending insurance, about the upcoming date of technical inspection or warranty inspection.
- Security – awareness that a car is monitored even in terms of the developed speed and that an employer can draw consequences from an irresponsible employee has a positive effect on driving style. In addition, alerts about, e.g. door opening or the use of a jammer of GPS/GSM signals and the possibility to track a car prevent theft.
- Hardware management – the system allows you to check current status of a vehicle (among others turning engine on/off, refuelling, work on idling), analysis of routes and completed distances as well as the settlement of work and private time (important from the point of view of tax laws). As a result, it is easier to make decisions directly related to the operation of a vehicle and its servicing and calculate operating costs.
- Employees’ management – possibilities to lead a team are associated with monitoring the parameters and position of a vehicle. It is not only an online location of a driver, but it is also driver’s identification (e.g. if only selected people are authorized to use a vehicle), verification of time spent on tasks with the use of a car and breaks in operation. This allows for easier and more accurate settlement of obligations and prevents fraud.
- Education – the use of monitoring can detect dangerous behaviour and recommend a driver to change driving style.
- Integration with other systems – monitoring systems of vehicles can be connected to e.g. tachographs to provide remote control of the working time of drivers. They can also be implemented in in larger ERP systems for supporting business management.
- Automation of work – with the features of the monitoring system it is possible to, e.g. remotely send orders to the drivers and report activities by motorized employees.
- Detection of abuses – defining individual alarms informing about unusual events such as stops, sudden loss of fuel, too long operation on idling or starting the engine in the hours not resulting from the schedule allow fleet managers react and draw the consequences.
- Easy access to information – data from the monitoring system are available through the mobile application or website. Ability to react in almost every place in the world and at any time can reduce costs and streamline logistic processes.